fot

rear Spring stiffness

To: <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear Spring stiffness
From: "Henry A. Morrison" <dos_gusanos@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:08:02 -0600
I added two leaves to my rear springs and am wondering if I did the right
thing.  the rates went from 160#/in. to 220#/in .  I haven't been able to
drive the thing since I did it .  but the car used to bottom out and I could
hear things rubbing and whining and crunching as I went around the track.  I
guess the question I will ask is:  Has any one else stiffened the rear end
this much? ( The front springs are already really beefed up)  Could this
actually make my car handle worse than before?  Will I be constantly be
spinning out due to the increased rear spring stiffness?  (already a
problem)..................Cheers Henry Morrison  Cedar Crest, NM