fot

Re: True Endeavor

To: Paul Richardson <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Subject: Re: True Endeavor
From: Patrick McMullen <pmcmull@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 07:51:22 -0400
Does this not make you lose confidence in the United States space
program?

I can understand the unpredictable like a collision with space
junk, an asteroid, or a Klingon Battle Cruiser (cloaked of
course).  But how could something like this be overlooked.
I work on commercial aircraft for a living.  We cannot afford to
make mistakes like this.  But do you remember a number of years
back when an Air Canada Boeing 757 ran out of fuel at 37,000
feet?  The pilots asked for a fuel load in kilograms when the
gauges and sensors were calibrated to pounds.

Makes you wonder with all the computers and techno wonderment's
that are suppose to make or lives easier...are really making us
brain dead.

Celebrating the failed attempt at burning the houses of Parliament
sounds interesting though.  Here in the south we celebrate
President Bill Clinton and Congress...It proves that Robert E. Lee
was correct when he stated there should never be a single source
of government controlling such large diverse areas of a country.

Pat in NC