fot

Re: Re: MG's Mark Palmer

To: bwarner@mediaone.net, TR3197@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: Re: MG's Mark Palmer
From: TR3197@AOL.COM
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 00:58:02 EST
Following from Bill Warner:

"Let's do an MG/Triumph shootout at the new VIR.  I am sure that Mike
Rand would enjoy having us.   Bill"

Hello FOT:

Oddly, the VIR came up in conversation with Art De Armond of "Riverside
Sports Cars" in Swisher, IA today. (Art is on the FOT list, but is a bit
understated about his business)

Bill Warner...sounds like an IDEA.

BTW Bill, ran into to VARA TR6 pilot, at Las Vegas, who also has Group 44
Spitfire...SoCal guy. Did not get name.

Joe #197

<<TR3197@AOL.COM wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Just received your "Pulitzer Prize" winning MG Newsletter. Anxious to share
> snippits with the FOT, the finest group of TR racers in the world.
>
> I applaud all of your successes associated the MG/TR Challenge at Mid-Ohio
> and appreciate all of the work that you did. Glad to be part of it.
>
> The MGs and the TRs are best and we will keep the torch burning.
>
> I will be in touch with you on the next effort.
>
> It might not be possible to sustain the MG/TR effort at Mid-Ohio with the
> SVRA, but this may give rise to to the MGs and TRs appearing at other venues
> and organizations around the country...all in good fun. I'll bet we can pull
> some leverage with our  MG/TR "competition" . Obviously the Mid-Ohio and
SVRA
> organizations are impressed...Money talks, I suspect. (duh!)
>
> BTW FOT, it was Mark's scoring system that allowed us to win at Mid-Ohio...I
> had little to do with it. Dont tell the MG guys.
>
> Joe Alexander
>
> PS: the panaramic photo was wonderful...thanks to everyone for the
> cooperation.
Let's do an MG/Triumph shootout at the new VIR.  I am sure that Mike
Rand would enjoy having us.   Bill
</XMP>