fot

Re: enough , okay?

To: "michael l. cook" <mlcooknj@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: enough , okay?
From: bwarner@mediaone.net
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 22:23:31 -0500
michael l. cook wrote:

> Bill Babcock wrote:
> >
> > Pretty funny stuff Kas. I'm a shade past 50 myself. At some point in the
> > last decade I discovered that I had somehow become invisible to all the
> > women I thought were interesting to look at. I think at this point I'm a
> > dirty old man, but I understand that when you reach 65 you become cute. Or
> > so my buddy Colin Sparkes told me.
> >
> > One thing you didn't mention--Cholesterol is GOOD for you past age 70. Helps
> > your brain function.
>
> Let's get real guys - when you pass 65 you may become "cute" but it's
> because the ladies in question think you aren't dangerous any more.
> Restoring old cars is easy - old guys are another matter. The best time
> to be a dirty old man was in your 30s and 40s! Remember?
>
> And don't bail out on the long-term stuff just yet. Medical technology
> may make it possible for us all to be having this conversation on Dec.
> 9, 2099. And we can follow it up with wheelchair races.
>
> Mike Cook
These missives on aging are killing me.  Last Sunday at 8:30 AM I became
a grandfather....Miss Lindsey Jane Webber (two "b's" unlike the
carbs....I had suggested the name Darlene Colleen Olivia Elvira
Webber.....DCOE...get it.....oooooh I hate myself for that) 4 lbs. 7
oz.  First grandchild.......Now I began thinking about being known as
the Racing Grandfather from Jacksonville, Florida.   I got kinda
depressed.  At Daytona, in the TR8, someone asked me if I wasn't too old
to be racing at 160+ MPH until Paul Newman went by me on the highside of
the banking in the twin turbo, carbon fiber, gee whiz, Bob Sharp Racing
300ZX at about 180+.....and he is at least 75...years that is, and it
gave me hope.  So I leave tomorrow for Hollywood to get my star on the
corner of Hollywood and Vine.....they can always use character actors,
and I've been told many times that I'm a character, whatever that
means.  Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight. Bill Warner