fot

Re: List

To: JHarkness@AOL.COM, fot@autox.team.net (FOT)
Subject: Re: List
From: GuyotLeonF@AOL.COM
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 19:05:39 EST
In a message dated 10/12/99 22:54:31 GMT Standard Time, JHarkness@AOL.COM
writes:

<< Subj:     List
 Date:  10/12/99 22:54:31 GMT Standard Time
 From:  JHarkness@AOL.COM
 Sender:    owner-fot@autox.team.net
 To:    fot@autox.team.net

 Amici, just a brief opinion.  I, too, joined the group as a
 primarily-Triumph-competition-related list.  But, I'd sure hate to see us
 exclude some of the great stories that have been shared recently, even if of
 only marginal (or no) Triumph relationship.  Particularly enjoyed some of
the
 stories about aging, and even the ones dealing with deaths of loved ones.
 Very moving, even though not related to suspension or engine set-up.  After
 all, we're only human, and many of us are in this activity for the
 friendships as much or more than the competition itself.  Keep those great
 stories flowing, folks!  John Harkness

I enjoy all the input to this list and find it offers insights lacking from
the more general Triumph list, even if not always directly Triumph
competition realted.
I am not a present Triumph racer. However, if my circumstances were
different, then
I may revert to racing Triumphs.
I note however that one thing remains the same, in a real club or in a
virtual club,
although racers will do almost anything to help one another in times of
difficulty,
they are seldom persuaded to give away their 'secrets', real or perceived,
that may help any other racers to become more competitive, and especially
when they are competing against one another!
Most traditional club members join a club in order to learn ways to make
their cars run faster, better or more competitively, usually on the road and
sometimes on the track, but you just try getting useful data out of
successful racers!
I have seen racers who refuse to part with any of their secrets, even if they
have long since given up racing.
I think that is is very sad and selfish, but the again, as I said, I am not
currently racing...
in some ways that might be seen to help them stay out in front, but then
again, these cars are difficult enough to run these days without making them
race competitive as well...oh well, if they want to be elitist and amongst
the few who can be bothered to be out there on the track, so be it.
Nonetheless, I will continue to read fot and normal triumph lists lest I
should glean any useful information from either list, plus into the bargain
gain some free and enjoyable entertainment from Jon Macartney, Paul
Richardson and Kas Kastner!

Regards

Léon F Guyot

Triumph Sports Six Club
International Liaison Secretary
1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible