fot

Re: one or all?

To: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: one or all?
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:24:17 -0500
At 01:01 PM 12/11/99 -0800, R. Kastner wrote:
>In the past I have answered many many E-mail tech questions on a one on
>one basis and not responded to the list.  Is this how you would prefer
>to have it or do you want all the tech stuff broadcast??

I, for one, would love to hear what you have to say!

>Some of the
>tech questions have been kind of remote or silly like  " how many sparks
>can I expect from a plug with good relability"  but then to there was a
>long discussion on flame front and combustion chambers not too long ago.
>Answer up please 'cause the grass is growing.

My usual rule of thumb (especially on the general Triumphs list,
but this one, too), is to ask whether the answer is likely to
interest at least one other person (other than the one who asked the
question.  If its something silly that's been around a million
times, I'll usually just send a private post but if its something
new or something with general interest, I'll usually send it to
the list as well.

For whatever that's worth,

John Lye

'59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+