fot

The Christmas tree Angel

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Christmas tree Angel
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 11:02:05 -0000
One particular Christmas long, long ago, Santa was preparing for his annual
trip but problems kept cropping up everywhere.

Firstly, five of his elves, the worst for drink, mixed up the labels on the
children's parcels in the packing department, and some new elvelet
apprentices in the workshop weren't producing toys fast enough to fill the
Christmas orders - things were getting behind schedule and Santa was
getting very stressed.

After checking his reindeer he found three of them were about to give birth
and the other three had jumped the fence and were out somewhere in the deep
snow. After a long trek in the bitter cold he rounded them up, and broke in
three more to make up the team.

After loading up his sleigh the lead reindeer started to play up. He
reared, upset the rest of the team and the sleigh turned over scattering
all the toys in the snow.

Santa decided he needed a drink and shot indoors for the cider pot. After
drinking his fill, he made for the front door to load up again and stubbed
his toe heavilly on the leg of an arm chair. It was whilst he was massaging
his throbbing toe with some snake oil cream that Mrs. Claus announced that
her mother was coming to stay for Christmas - more stress.

Then there was a knock at the door.

Santa limped across to the door and opened it to be confronted by a tiny
little angel with silver wings who was holding a large Christmas tree. The
little angel said sweetly, "Merry Christmas Santa, I've brought this lovely
Christmas tree for you, where would you like me to stick it?

Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas Tree.

Seriously, may I wish all the group a superb Christmas and all the very
best of good health, happiness and fortune for 2000.

Paul