fot

Re: A Sad Note

To: Catpusher@aol.com
Subject: Re: A Sad Note
From: "michael l. cook" <mlcooknj@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:49:26 -0500
Catpusher@aol.com wrote:

> I received a call letting me know that Al Freudenberg had lost his battle
> with cancer yesterday.
> Al was an early US TR 2 race/rally driver, and was involved as a racing
> Triumph driver, and later owner, for many years.  I believe that he was the
> first person to use the steel head gasket (from the factory TR low
> compression kit) in competition.
> Al was also the West Coast Factory Triumph ( later BL & JRT )parts manager
> for many years.  During the considerable time that some at BL wished that I
> was driving a current Triumph, Al always seemed to have the parts and advise
> to keep our TR3 racing.  He volunteered to open the BL depot one Saturday
> night so that I could get the parts to run the next day, although he was busy
> with his racing Spitfire that weekend.  He helped an amazing number of Triumph
> racers.  Al Freudenberg had the true FOT spirit.
>
> Hardy Prentice

Hardy - Please send details of funerals arrangements if available.

To FOT-

Hardy said it so well that just about all all I can say is AMEN! As a
fellow employee of Triumph and British Leyland Al was also good to work
with and he certainly had an eye for a fast Spitfire - the McCarthy
brothers would have had a tough time without his support. However, Al
Freudenberg didn't play favorites - he worked hard for everybody!

Mike Cook