fot

Re: Millenium thoughts

To: Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Millenium thoughts
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 06:24:02 PST
Paul and all...

   My grandmother died about two years ago at the tender age of 97...

   In her lifetime she saw all that you listed and could reemember a time
when horses were the primary mode of powered transportation, and flying was
literally for the birds. In HER life time she saw men go from there to
walking on another world... With two world conflicts, the dissolution of
colonial world powers among all that you mentioned, and the fact that I can
converse with you, a friend on the other side of the world instantaneously
and for the cost of a local telephone call, indeed, we do live in
astonishing times...

Greg Petrolati

>From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
>To: <fot@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Millenium thoughts
>Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 12:02:01 -0000
>
>For those of us that were born in the early forties there have been
>enormous changes.
>
>We were born before television, penicillin, polio vaccine, frozen food,
>supermarkets, plastic, contact lenses, videos, laser beams, ball point
>pens, dishwashers, tumble dryers, electric blankets, air conditioners, drip
>dry clothes, computers disposable nappies, pre prepared baby food. Our
   Much good stuff deleted

>worked a 45 hour week plus regular overtime.
>
>By the grace of God we've all survived thus far to see the year 2000 - but
>is it little wonder that there is a generation gap?
>
>Paul

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)