fot

WestCo Gel-Filled batteries

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: WestCo Gel-Filled batteries
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:22:44 EST
This morning I received an invoice from Moss London, for one WestCo
Gel-Filled battery plus shipping charge...

Total cost to me: 102.13 GBP (not 94 as quoted on the telephone)
= 163.41 USD. (urghh).

This evening, I managed to carefully carry the heavy battery the 1/4 mile to
my lock-up garage and check it for fit. It fitted perfectly.

Moss gave a part no. of MXV1129X

WestCo have a Web site at <http://westcobattery.com/why.htm>

They give the part no as 12V31M and quote a price of 79.95 USD
also a 4 year warranty on this battery, one year on most others.

I was disturbed to note that my new and slightly dusty battery is dead flat.
As it is supposedly sealed, I am wondering as to how I am supposed to charge
it up for the first time?

It is still in the box in my hallway, having carried it back from my lock-up
garage again. (no power there).

Does anyone have any advice, before I proceed?

I have also asked WestCo.

Regards

Léon

Triumph Sports Six Club
International Liaison Secretary
1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible
Wimbledon, London, England.