fot

RE: Piston Question

To: Robert Bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Subject: RE: Piston Question
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 12:52:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Robert Bownes wrote:

> Standard for allowed overbore is 0.042" last I looked.

It's actually .047 max over bore... this is for A Prepared.

> On the other hand Bob, if you are trying to be fast and cheap, TRF has
> some +0.010" racing pistons on sale at the moment.

I guess I have to re-read the sale brochure you mentioned. My initial
reading of that mailing was that they had 22 ea. forged pistons, Venolia
brand, I think, but that they are standard size.

They had lots of .010 over rod bearings, if memory serves.

It turns out that this is exactly why I started this whole project - I
figured getting a "deal" on some forged pistons would help the overall
"budget", which as we all know only exists on a piece of paper somewhere
that I can't find... ;-)

Looks like I'll be making a few phone calls.

Thanks for the input, though.

> iii (and Ted and John and Kas and Bob and the other Bob and so forth)

regards,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |