fot

GT6 Rotoflex Shock mounts

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: GT6 Rotoflex Shock mounts
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:56:37 -0700
In studying the way the Shocks are mounted on GT6's with Rotoflex
suspension, I have determined that it is beneficial to fabricate a
bracket that spans both rear body supports on the GT6 frame.  It will
then extend outward 3 inches and up an inch and a half from the surface
of the existing support.

This will allow the shocks to be mounted to the channel which will be
welded to the frame.  The shock mounts will achieve the same height as
the ones that are welded to the fender well and will be significantly
more rigid and secure than the original.

The only body modification that I can see that is necessary would be
that the bottom of the fender well would need to be cut away flush with
the bottom raised portion of the body where the fuel tank sits in order
to clear the outward extension.

The purpose of my writing this up is to ask if there are others who
would like to have one of these brackets.  I have the drawings at my
metal fabrication shop at this time to have them prepare a Cad drawing
to control the laser cutter.  They will inform me of the cost of setup
and the price of each of the 3 pieces that will be welded together to
form the final assembly.  The setup and welding costs will be split
among all who want one and therefore, the more who are interested, the
cheaper it will be per piece.

I encourage any comments or suggestions regarding this project,
especially from those who have done anything similar.

Regards,
Joe Curry
--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer