fot

Re: Racing with overdrives

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: Racing with overdrives
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:42:18 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I also concur with the A-type afficionados... I'm in the process of
getting one together. Having driven John L's car in FL, I can say that
the _instant_ shift from 2nd to 2nd-O/D makes for rapid accell/decell.

Now this (John's car) is an autocrosser, but it took no imagination on my
part to see that having essentially a 7 speed gearbox could be very useful
in road racing as all you'd need to do to suit track conditions is swap
out the diff. I realize this is a pain on the non-IRS TRs, but it is
doable in the context of track preparation...

I give the A-type O/D a hardy "thumpb up".

later,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |