fot

Re: Oxymoron for Triumph Enthusiasts

To: spitlist@gte.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Oxymoron for Triumph Enthusiasts
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 09:27:45 EST
In a message dated 01/31/2000 8:04:35 PM Central Standard Time,
spitlist@gte.net writes:

<< Here's a good one!

 Today I bought an 8 oz. bottle of Anti-seize lubricant made by
 "LOCTITE"!   >>

Joe:

What's the problem?

SLOW DOWN and SLOW UP mean the same.

FAT CHANCE and SLIM CHANCE mean the same.

TUG BOATS push their barges.

We go to the ball park and SIT in the STANDS.

AFTER DARK really means AFTER LIGHT.

OVERSEE and OVERLOOK mean opposite things.

Why is BRA singular, and PANTIES plural?

Why is it a TV SET, when you only get one?

I don't have any problem with LOCTITE selling an 'anti-seize lubricant'
(tsk).

I always wondered why LOCTITE didn't stick to the bottle.

Bill Dentinger