fot

Fw: Between Anchorage and Prince George

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Fw: Between Anchorage and Prince George
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:08:41 -0000
Friends

As some of you may have seen some weeks ago, Around the World in 80 Days starts
from
London on May 1. HMC at Gaydon is particularly interested in one Healey 3000
belonging to
Peter and Ann Hunt which has featured in an exhibition we're running on the car
in the
Museum. It's obvious that Jim Werner (author of the forwarded message below)
has managed
to co-opt a lot of help from Anchorage to Newark except for the country between
Anchorage
and Prince George. The forty odd cars taking part in this event - the onward
bit from
Beijing to London via North America and North Africa will make an incredible
sight as they
make their journey. I don't believe any Triumphs are taking part in the Run
(though I
could be wrong) - but this sort of trip transcends mere marque loyalty. If
anyone has any
ideas that could help Jim Werner, the Hunts and any other competitors, perhaps
they'd
contact Jim Werner off list? Cheers

Jonmac

Forwarded message reads: