fot

Re: South of the Border...was Re: 'M80's'

To: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>, Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Subject: Re: South of the Border...was Re: 'M80's'
From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 12:02:54 -0500
At 11:12 AM 2/3/00 -0400, Bob Lang wrote:

>Anyway, when I was around 15, my mother had a Lincoln Continental... a '66
>4-door convertible. We used to drive around in the car with one of my
>brothers driving, and in the back seat me on one side, my cousin on the
>other side and my girlfriend sitting between us lighting matches as Cuz
>and I lit and tossed various types of "bombs" out the windows -
>terrorizing neighborhoods

Bob...

I'm surprised at you.  Throwing fireworks from a car is dangerous...you
could easily get caught.    A safer, and possibly more satisfying, way to
terrorize a neighborhood is to have several boys, each armed with 4 or 5
M80s and a pack of Camels (no filter, of course), fan out through a
neighborhood late at night.  At various spots, preferably outside someone's
front door, you would have them light a Camel and insert the M80 fuse into
the end.  Since a non-filtered cigarette will generally burn all the way
down by itself, you have plenty of time to gather back at the friend's
apartment, climb up on the roof and pull the ladder up behind you.  Then
you sit back and enjoy the excitement of the explosions for blocks around.
The cops invariably cruise the area for an hour or so, but there's no one
there and no evidence...  Naturally I would never have taken part in
anything like this, especially in St. Pete Beach around 1965.

TTFN.
Don