fot

Re: South of the Border...was Re: 'M80's'

To: kaskas@earthlink.net, susan@bearcom.com, billsohl@smtp.interactive.net
Subject: Re: South of the Border...was Re: 'M80's'
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 00:08:40 EST
In a message dated 2/3/100 7:37:02 PM EST, kaskas@earthlink.net writes:

<< Cherry bombs and M-80's make great ammunition for a slingshot.  You just
load
 up the slingshot, pull back full, have your partner light the fuse then LOB
 IT OVER THE SMALLER BUILDINGS ONTO MAIN STREET.  It goes off and shakes the
 windows for three blocks......yeha......Nothing like an air strike >>

Growing up in the coal mining part of the Appalachian Mts.  we used carbide
to make explosives.  Cannons etc.  Don't know what it is made of but it was
used to  fuel miners lamps.  Just adding moisture to the carbide rocks, as in
spit or water, produces an explosive  gas.  We would close up a container
with a press on lid, like a Prince Albert tobacco can and then light the
resultant explosive gases through a little hole in the end of the can.  Big
BOOM. Cheaper than M80s and would shoot across any building too!!  Hmm maybe
some carbide in the gas tank of the TR3 ...........
Bob Paul
Corrales NM