fot

Re: Richardson's 'confidential' letters

To: John Macartney <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Richardson's 'confidential' letters
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 16:01:48 -0600
This reminds me of this Christmas when I went home to my parents'
outside New Orleans and read in their paper that the records division of
one of the parishes (similar to a county) had to dispose of a backlog of
records and decided the best way to do so was to burn them on the levee
(there is a huge tradition of lighting the way down the river for Pere
Noel with gigantic log bonfires on the levee -- quite beautiful) and
proceeded to do so on a windy afternoon.  Half-burned documentation
rained down upon the townfolk for several days, and quite a few of them
had been the subject of this documentation, so it stirred up a lot of
trouble.  The records division said it was all public-information
documentation anyway, so what's the problem, but they decided to take
the next batch to the incinerator!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan  :)