fot

Shocks

To: Friends of Triumph <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shocks
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 15:34:47 -0700
I am working on finding a solution to a problem I have encountered in
the GT6 rear Shock mounts that I am fabricating.

The problem is that the cover on the upper part of the shock hits the
bracket when it is fully rotated.  I don't know if it will ever actually
rotate far enough once it is fully assembled to contact the mount, but
it represents enough of a concern for me to seek a solution.

I am thinking that If I remove that cover on the top of the rear shocks
and mount a bellows (similar to those on rack and pinion steering) it
would allow enough clearance that it will no longer be a concern.

Therefore, my question to the brain trust is: "Have any of you ever
performed such a modification and if so are there any downsides to doing
it?"

What other alternatives can anyone provide that will solve the dilemma
without resorting to redesigning my shock mounts.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer