fot

Kas' slingshot

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kas' slingshot
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2000 17:46:03 -0000

Kas wrote

> Cherry bombs and M-80's make great amunition for a slingshot.  You just
load
> up the slingshot, pull back full, have your partner light the fuse then
LOB
> IT OVER THE SMALLER BUILDINGS ONTO MAIN STREET.  It goes off and shakes
the
> windows for three blocks......yeha......Nothing like an air strike

It's not so much fun if you hit your thumb with the M80 with the elastic at
full stretch!!!

When I was a kid, three years ago, we country boys had to make our own
catapults with a small forked branch and some of gran's heavy duty knicker
elastic (from those heavy duty pink jobs with the double gusset and two
foot long legs). You Yanks had those posh 'Milbro' aluminium jobs with
propper square section 5 sixteenth elastic.

By the way, gran used to use a pair of her knickers for making two 'steamed
suet puddings' in one go by tying the legs together to put the mix in. The
neighbors always knew when she'd  had steamed pudding because there was
always a solitary pair of her pink knickers hanging on the line with
stretched legs!!

Paul