fot

Something we hope will NOT go BOOM!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Something we hope will NOT go BOOM!
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 19:25:10 -0500
Hi gang,

So I have been sitting here all day getting ready for the tax man, and the
stories about this crew's exploits with explosives has kept me thoroughly
entertained. My story paled in comparison. I guess I better get used to
getting upstaged, 'cause it is going to happen every race weekend!

Anyway, I am getting serious about building my race motor for my rookie
year. I am looking to build an engine that will be more reliable than fast.
The engine in my TR4 was built pretty hot, and blew headgaskets. I am going
to mothball it for a season, then rebuild it later. I want to use the head
because it's race ready. But, the head was shaved pretty thin. I'm thinking
of getting one of the Dunst copper headgaskets made up pretty thick to get
my C/R back up to around 11.5:1.  Any reason this is not going to work? I
have another good stock head rebuilt on the shelf I can use but with all
the work done to the head that came with the car it seems like that is the
way to go.

I'll be running brand new 86mm+.040 Mahle pistons and liners and I am not
100% sure what cam yet. I got several with the car to choose from. As soon
as I pull all the paperwork on them I will have a much better picture of
which one to use.

Thanks for all the help.
Henry Frye      thefryes@iconn.net
http://members.iconn.net/~thefryes/amici.html