fot

South of the Border, and blowing up Cadillac's.

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: South of the Border, and blowing up Cadillac's.
From: "Fredd" <fal@hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 20:42:52 -0800
OK, my turn :)
Also helping a friend, a Fiat Abarth dealer and racer in the late 60's (he
got me into racing witth these Abarth's also :)
In the winter helping to get the cars ready for next hill climbing season,
we needed some heating for the cold Belgian winters at the time.
We build our own stoves from a few butane tanks welded together and on the
bottom we let the old dirty engine oil dripping from a tank hanging higher
up. Cheap but very effective heating.
One winter evening, we needed some beer break, so we went accros the street
to the pub, and while enjoying our beer we heard a loud bang.
Seems that the little valve we used to adjust the drip, opened up by itself
and let the dirty oil free flowing in the fire.
We did had a big hole in the ceiling as a result, luckely, no cars in the
workshop caught fire.

As for blowing up Cadillac's, we do that sometimes for a living :)
As some of you know, I built armored cars for US gov agencies.
If some of these cars are unrepairable after an attack, or accident, we
bring them to Quantico (FBI Academy) and use them for testing.
We start with the specific calibers for the armoring level, and then keep
going up with bigger calibers.
After the fun is done, realy nothing is left over of the Suburban, or
Cadillac, or Mercedes, ect.
Maybe some bomb expert FOT members should join us next time :)

fredd