fot

Salt Lake events

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Salt Lake events
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 02:08:25 -0700 (MST)
On the odd chance that you may be passing through the Salt Lake area in
the next little while, on your way to show Auntie Em the wonders of Las
Vegas, or to pick up a derelict hulk for the next project or whatever,
here's some info to keep in mind when plannng your travels.  In a few
weeks the annual Fat Chance Garage Beach Party will take place, Saturday
Feb. 26th, to be exact.  Still haven't decided if there's a place to put
the dartboard.  As for the traditional garb, I may have to scrounge up a
couple of coconuts and a grass skirt, like that one year.  Then again,
there's no real reason to make women scream and children run for cover....

A month later will be the first weekend for Intermountain Vintage Racing,
a test and tune weekend out at Wendover to shake out the cobwebs and scrape
the winter crust off those old slicks.  We'll see if Killer, or perhaps the
other racing Spit, will make an appearance March 25 and 26.  I think there's
also a VARA event in Las Vegas the weekend before, March 18/19.

The first SCCA region autocross will be Sunday, April 2nd, assuming I
manage to get the use of the stadium lot here at the U.  Hard to say if they
will let us have it while classes are in session.

The British Motor Club of Utah will likely make an appearance at the annual
Saint Patrick's Day parade, which I think will be on March 11 this year.
I better check.  If you've ever wanted to be in a parade, this is the one for
you.  It is always fun for everyone.

April's events will be the spring Tinker Day at the Fat Chance Garage
on April 8th, various BBQ bits if the weather is willing.  The BMCU's first
driving event, besides the parade, may be on the following saturday, April 15.
And that tax day weekend is also on the slate as another IVR race weekend out
in Wendover.  If you're in the area, stop on by.

mjb.
----

February 26    Beach Party at Mark and Karen's place
March 11       St. Pat's Parade, British Motor Club of Utah
March 18/19    VARA at Las Vegas
March 25/26    IVR race weekend at Wendover
April 2        Utah Region autocross.  Wanna drive Killer?
April 8        Tinker Day at Fat Chance Garage
April 15       British Motor Club of Utah event (tentative, could be the 22nd)
April 15/16    IVR race weekend at Wendover