fot

Re: Cool coils

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com, LANG@isis.mit.edu, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cool coils
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 07:01:42 -0500
At 06:51 PM 2/8/00 EST, GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:
>>Bob Lang wrote:
>> Better still, how about an Electromotive HPV-1 ignition system.... Hi John!
>
>Hmmm, never heard of that one...but I do have a Microdynamics Formula 1
E-X-D
>ignition system, which was one of the best available in Jan 1985 when I
>bought it...

I've got a MicroDynamics system on my GT-6, which is the one that came
off the TR-4, when I was replacing the MicroDynamics with the Electromotive.
The Electromotive is a crank-triggered, distributorless multi-coil ignition
system.  See http://www.electromotive-inc.com/ for more details.  The
MicroDynamics system was/is nice for a points triggered system, but it
is nothing like the Electromotive.

Sorry Leon, if you *really* want the best of everything on that Vitesse,
its time to dump the distributor...

Cheers,

John Lye

'59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+