fot

Re: TR4 front fender removal

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 front fender removal
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 23:16:32 -0800
Actually... you won't find those sort of welds on the front fender...
more like just little welds, most likely done by hand... near the
surface and quite visible once you start to pry the panel off.  I used
the words "tack welds" too loosely...

I found these little welds on several cars... TR 4 and 4A...  upon
removing front and rear panels... just little stubborn welds, near the
surface at the joints of two panels  (not an electric  "tack weld") that
you wonder why they bothered to do... almost like a way of having a
factory seal or something!

I do know about the device you are suggesting...   it would come in
handy if trying to remove, for example, the front valance...  if saving
both the valance and the underlying panel were of importance, etc.

It's definitely a tool to look at, as you suggested, if faced with tack
welds.

--Justin