fot

TR4 Fender Removal Part 2

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Fender Removal Part 2
From: sbracing@execpc.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:06:01 -0600
After a bit more investigation I have found that the entire length of
the front fenders have been brazed to the mating inner panels.

I have managed to open a 2 inch section near the fire wall on the
drivers side that I can fit a hack saw blade through.  I have tried to
cut the brazing by hand using an open ended hacksaw blade holder.
However I keep bending or snapping the blades.  I have been thinking
about using an electric saws-all with a metal cutting blade that has
the kerf ground off both sides.  This would allow cutting on the front
edge only and the blade should follow between the inner and outer
fender flanges - and plenty of cutting oil for lubrication.

Would this work or is there another way of doing it?

Steve