fot

Uglies

To: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Subject: Uglies
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:27:18 -0000
Paul Richardson wrote:
It's the same over here Jack. There's more life in a tramp's vest than
there is in the styling departments this side of the pond. 90% of cars
produced seem to have the same boring, unimaginative shape - no style. It's
no wonder the majority of  European manufacturers ( including Ford) are
cutting back whilst claiming overproduction. They've been overproducing for
years, but overproducing cars with no style or character.

Because one windtunnel is much like any other. Notwithstanding the inevitable
about prickles and hedgehogs, that's one of the reasons why my much lamented
Volvoappealed
to me so much.  Quite apart from the fact it was supremely comfortable,  it had
a drag
co-efficient of a rough cast housebrick and at least it looked like something
vaguely
familiar - but I can't remember what.

Jonmac