fot

Re: HIGH Roller Rockers vs. Valve Cover clearance

To: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: HIGH Roller Rockers vs. Valve Cover clearance
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 19:40:36 -0500
jmwagner wrote:

> I had a customer that came to me after he had bought a set of high
> roller rockers... He discovered he needed to raise his valve cover in
> order to clear the rockers... and he was hoping that my silicone gaskets
> would raise the stock valve cover enough...   unfortunately, though
> taller than a stock gasket, it was not high enough.  (Though he was able
> to use the gasket he purchased for another Triumph he owned.)
>
> He did not get back to me with difinitive information... so I am hoping
> AMICI might be able to answer...    HOW HIGH does the stock valve cover
> need to be to clear these high rockers?
>
> While it will be a hassle and a bad investment... I am considering
> modifying one of my molds in order to offer a higher gasket to solve
> this problem for the racers.   ...but I don't want to go through the
> trouble if I end up shy of the height...    So I need someone out there
> with calipers, etc..  Or maybe one of you works for, or has connections
> with, the company(s) that make these high rollers?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --Justin
we have them made - check our web page for this and other goodies.  the
answer is with your customer. he nneds to tell you the height
(installed) of the rockers.  they may not be ours but the info should
apply.  i would personally not invest the time to redo your gasket. the
answer is a thin alum spacer that beconmes a 2nd gasket. ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive