fot

Re: HIGH Roller Rockers vs. Valve Cover clearance

To: tedtsimx@q1.net
Subject: Re: HIGH Roller Rockers vs. Valve Cover clearance
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 20:38:31 -0800
Ted...

I'm a bit confused...  especially considering you're one of the people
offering these high rockers...  are you saying that despite my interest in
being helpful here...  I should forget about it... because the problem has
been solved in the past by stacking cork gaskets (as I have heard from
others)  or introducing an aluminum spacer (as you suggest)?   I would have
thought that a gasket that solves the problem, PERIOD, in one step would be a
great answer... particularly one that would never leak...

Problematic cork and/or stacked gaskets and shims often discourage people from
pulling their valve covers for regular valve-clearance checks, etc...

I'm just a little surprised at some of the responses I have received, both in
FOT and in private.

In regards to height... perhaps if someone, such as yourself, could tell me
the height required by YOUR product... I could simply make a gasket that
covers the highest one... and then I'd be sure that all are covered.  ...but I
can't seem to get anyone... to take the time... to measure.

I have also been told that the aluminum aftermarket covers solve the
problem... I already knew this... but I would suggest that some may not want
to throw money at such things... for a variety of reasons...

--Justin