fot

Re: A couple questions

To: thefryes@iconn.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A couple questions
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:29:54 EST
In a message dated 3/21/00 6:51:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
thefryes@iconn.net writes:

<

I finally invested in a small muffler for garage running, and still hope I
don't flame up neighbors.

"How long should it take to get the rings to bed when
running at track speed? I am running a very low running time set of
pistons/rings/liners with a real light hone job to break the glaze."

I just mutter around a few laps on mineral oil.  Some of the more successful
racers may have better methods.

"Should I use mineral based oil for the entire race weekend, then switch to
synthetic?"

This has been my recent plan, but have been afraid to use it up to now, due
to some big blambs in the past on Ams Oil.

"I still can't decide what to do with 5 gallons of 3 year old racing fuel I
drained out of the fuel cell."

My old fuel worked very well in my antique snow blower and lawn mower from
the 60".  I finally got a new mower and gave the old one to someone who likes
to rebuild junk.  I recently offered him my snow blower if he picks it up.  I
have also mixed old fuel with the new fuel in the fuel cell, and it didn't
seem to make any difference.

It is also good for killing weeds on a hill side when no one is watching.