fot

Re: Oil temp and sender location

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, <WEmery7451@aol.com>, <Gt6steve@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Oil temp and sender location
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 00:02:58 -0800
Another reason to measure the oil temp in the oil pan just as it comes out
of the bearings is to keep an eye on what is happening inside the engine and
at the bearing to journal interface.  If something starts to go wrong with
the bearings, the first sign of it may be a rapid increase in oil
temperature from the added friction.
                                                                    Regards,
Greg Solow