fot

David Vizard book on EBAY

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: David Vizard book on EBAY
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:17:36 -0600
I've been wanting to add a copy of this book to my colection and now there
is one on EBAY. I have a feeling that the bidding will get out of hand for
it since it is NOS . Does anyone have a spare copy? In any event, somebody
on this list may be wanting it in this condition  so here's the EBAY
listing:

TRIUMPH TR3/TR4/TR6/GT6 COMPETITION MANUAL ++ Item #289699486

Tuning Standard Triumph cars over 1300cc By David Vizard, First Edition
published in Great Britain in 1970 out of print very rare and this one is
new old stock!, 160 pages mint a superb book written by the Technical Editor
of Cars and Car Conversions this book investigates the tuning stages for
Vitesse, GT6, TR2, TR3, TR4, TR5, TR6, 2000 units from stage one to full
race. with extensive drawings and diagrams the author has explained the
possibilities of bringing the road cars up to challenge the performance of
the works cars, the book deals not only with engine improvements but also
suspension modifications necessary for safe high speed motoring , rally or
racing conditions, 19 Chapters include: overhauling the six cylinder engine,
improving lubrication, bottom end preparation, modifying the early 6
cylinder head, bigger valves for early heads, modifying the later 2000 and
2500 cc heads, modifying the TR4 head, the ultimate head, port matching and
dowelling, springs rockers pushrods and tappets, engine interchangeability,
strengthening the bottom end for competition, lightening engine components,
high performance cams, carburation full injection and manifolding, assessing
the results, the transmission, suspension and brakes, bodywork modifications
covers TR3, TR4, TR5, TR6, 2000 Vitesse, GT6, a MUST for the Triumph Car
enthusiast !!!!!!

Bob Kramer
TR6, TR4A, 2.5 PI Saloon
rgk@flash.net