fot

RE: preventing loose rod bolts (was a couple questions)

To: "'R. Kastner'" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: preventing loose rod bolts (was a couple questions)
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:14:32 -0600
Ok, to summarize a part of this discussion:

  1.  If I'm replacing the stock rod bolts with higher grade bolts (ARP
in my case), then I need to torque those bolts to a higher torque spec
or risk having them come loose, and

  2.  if I had the rods machined on the Tobin-Arp machine with the stock
bolts in place and torqued to the stock torque, then I need to send them
back to be Tobin-Arped again (with the new ARP bolts in place, torqued
to the higher setting) or risk having the big end out of round?

Is this a correct summary?

Scott