fot

Darkness/Light

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Darkness/Light
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 15:54:35 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

They say it's always darkest just before the light. I need to keep that
in mind. My TR6's (Khartu) debut will undoubtedly not be this weekend -
I've developed a strange ignition problem, and my myopic view of the
situation is getting in the way of solving it.

There's also the "few" details that need attention prior to Sunday, next
- the metal interior panels require fabrication, the entire suspension
needs to be looked over one more time to make sure I didn't leave any
bolts out/loose - I have a way of getting distracted from time-to-time.
That kind of stuff.

It turns out that the local regional autox series just lost another site,
so the 11 event season has just been shortened a bit more - making every
event crucial if I want to get a series trophy...

So, do I drag out CarWon, the super-fast street-driven TR6 and enter FP
with an FSP car??? Do I transplant the important stuff from Khartu to
CarWon (diff, brakes, wheels & sliX) and run that car as an FP car??

Well I can't do the latter - the rules tell me I need to have a rollbar
for any open-topped prepared car... to quote mjb - DrAt!

It's _this close_. Argh!

I feel better now. 5 hours in the garage tonite and 5 hours tomorrow night
and all day on Friday should help a lot, but I have a funny feeling the
initial chassis alignment won't happen in time....... I _will_ have an
exhaust system by "Miller Time" on Friday, I think.

The good news is: the next event is early May - almost 4 weeks away. The
bad news is: I really wanna play!

Oh well.

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |