fot

REAR TRANS MOUNT

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: REAR TRANS MOUNT
From: "RIVERSIDE SPORTS CARS" <RIVERSIDE@Cedar-Rapids.net>
Date: (No, or invalid, date.)
"the rollbar",  my TR3 SCCA racer of omigod almost 3 decades ago,
dispensed w/ the factory mount alltogether.   I ran two hardened bolts
(probably not a god choice) up thru the frame, if memory serves me right,
and used nuts and large flat washers to establish a floor for the trans
mounting flange to rest on.   Then on top of the trans flange sat another
lashup
of flat washers and an old valve spring on each side.  A hole drilled near
the
top end of the bolt accomodated a clevis pin.  This business allowed some
compliance and helped facilitate easy transmission removal.  I am not
sure of the soundness of the engineering, but no failures of the mount or
transmission case ever happened - tho we only made about 135 horse.
art de armond