fot

Bolt Torquing

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Bolt Torquing
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:37:03 EDT
Dear FOT,

I rediscovered Kas's seminar on rod bolt torquing.  I did use the higher
torques with Molly grease on the Carillo rods.  I am in the process of
building a spare engine using magnafluxed checked, balanced, glassed peened,
stock rods and bolts.  I probably should go to the stronged bolts, higher
torques, and reboring the rod hole (or else use Loctite).  In the 60's, they
were using some high grade, aircraft cap screws for rod bolts, and torquing
them to 100 lbs.  Any sugestions, rejections, or insults are welcome.

I ordered by electronic mail "Prepare to Win" by Carrol Smith as suggested by
Greg Solow.  (I better load my shotgun.  There is some Lawyor nut running
around my area shooting people.)