fot

six cylinder Triumph heads

To: Kaskas@earthlink.net, owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: six cylinder Triumph heads
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:07:33 EDT
I'm studying a TR-5? six cylinder head next to a late TR6/GT6 head with the
immediate difference being the spacing between the intake ports.  The former
is spaced with 5/8" between the ports and the latter being a bit over 7/8"
between the ports.  I've long ago read that the "B" castings are better
overall and I see that my Weber intake manifolds are spaced to fit the 5/8"
heads.
Is there an advantage to be exploited with the narrow port heads over the
later wide ports?  Any recomendations for porting and polishing beyond the
Yellow book Specs?
I can see right off that this seems to be a superior head particularly in the
exhaust ports.  With my Weber manifolds fitting so much better I think I
could see an improvement by fitting this head without any work over my old
head I did all the work on.
I guess my major question is why did the factory go to the wide port head at
all when the narrow port looks superior?
Thanx in advance, Steve