fot

RE: Seeking technical advice and thanks

To: "'BillDentin@aol.com'" <BillDentin@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Seeking technical advice and thanks
From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@seidata.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:35:00 -0500
Another option is careful routing of your exhayst system.  I ran my 3"
exhaust pipe through the 'X' in the middle of the frame and back behind the
rear axle (but still under the car).  Then I had a separate piece with a
'turn-out' on the end which I could rotate to direct the exhaust note to
either side of the car, or down toward the pavement.  I would always find
out which side of the track they had the DB meter on, then point my exhaust
away from it.  I was always able to meet the 105 decibel level without any
type of noise restriction in the exhaust pipe.