fot

Re: vizard book

To: Mordy Dunst <gasket.works@gte.net>
Subject: Re: vizard book
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:29:35 -0500
Mordy Dunst wrote:

> Any info on a David Vizard book ( c.1970..."mint (per seller) conditionon" )
> tuning TR's?  is it a good book...if so is it worth 100.00+?  There is one
> on the ebay....potentially, I could get it and make PDF copy avail on my www
> site?
>
> Need info asap.
>
> tia
> Mordy

I read the on-line copy and I wouldn't pay a dime for the real one.
I found nothing in it that wasn't in Kas's stuff, and in fact I think it
pre-dates
Kas's manual, but I'm not sure.

I have a great deal of respect for Vizard's book on tuning the BMC A
engine, however (Sprite, Mini, etc). He has done a million dyno runs and
flowbench
runs to study the results of lots of head and manifold stuff. Doesn't apply
directly to TR's but one can learn from it nevertheless.

I did have one bad experience with it, however. I prepared a set of SU's
modified per his book for maximum flow. What he did not say, however, was
what you had to do to make the carbs actually flow fuel as well, leading me to
believe that maybe he made all those modifications, ran all those flow bench
runs, but never ran the carbs on an engine or dyno. Attempts to reach him
failed, as I was told (honest to God) that he was in the process of moving to
Tasmania.

--

TR6 -- Spring!
TR4 -- Sprang