fot

Relief valve seats

To: fot@autox.team.net, jwheeler@seidata.com
Subject: Relief valve seats
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:19:56 EDT
<< This will clean up any small dings in the seat which may
 have been caused by bits and pieces flowing through at various times
 (especially after a major engine failure!) >>

 <snip> What is a "major engine failure"??

I just happen to have a have a large knockoff hammer, and a used "A" type
overdrive "operating valve" (PN 500658) in my racing tool kit.

At the track, it saves  the time and worry otherwise spent trying to use, and
perhaps remove, the lapping compound. (unless it is part of your break in
procedure) It can even be used to clean the overdrive  valve seat; just do
not install the hammered "operating valve" in a real overdrive.

The large knockoff hammer can also be applied to the driver after a "major
engine failure"

HP