fot

Re: spitfire SU needles - need help

To: fot@autox.team.net ('FOT')
Subject: Re: spitfire SU needles - need help
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:27:21 EDT

 In a message dated 4/27/00 11:45:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jwheeler@seidata.com writes:

 << Bill, Dick was one of the people who suggested I go back to stock pistons
  and bodies.  The carbs he did for me were on the car when I won the
  runoffs, and they had stock (unmodified) pistons & bodies.  Based on my
  experience and the flow bench work Dick did, I strongly recommend this
  setup. >>

I appreciate the information Jack.  After thinking about it, rounding off
pistons in the front may have a tendency to force and compress the inlet air
down lower in the flow path, and therefore possibly reduce the overall mass
flow rate.  I will look for some stock pistons in my piles.  I assume you
removed the dash pot pistons and oil so that the primary pistons fly up
instantly upon acceleration?  Thanks again.