fot

Re: Fw: Spitfire with Weber Problem-Round 2, Solution?

To: greenery@gte.net, fot-digest@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fw: Spitfire with Weber Problem-Round 2, Solution?
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 10:00:35 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/00 8:14:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time, greenery@gte.net
writes:

<< We found a leaky float and tried to fix it with epoxy.  It worked for a
lap or
 >two but then began sputtering as bad as ever.  >>

I am not sure if your floats are the same as those used on the TR-3/4
engines.  A few years ago at Tech. Inspection, I was asked if I ever saw fuel
coming out of the float bowl overflow tubes.  At that time I said no, and
that I had been using these float bowls for over three decades.

Shortly afterwards, I attended the first race at the Connelsville Airport
after the reopening of the track.  I was meat balled, and as I left the
track, and the car turned into a flaming mess.  Fortunately, experienced
workers quickly extinguished the fire.  They said that fuel was blowing out
of one of the float bowl overflow tubes.

My boy, who was helping me at this race, mailed a conversion kit to me from
Williamsport.  The float needles are replaced by two ball bearings, which
give a double seal.  I also ran tubes from the overflow tubes out through the
inner fender wall.