fot

Mid-Ohio News

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mid-Ohio News
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 11:33:57 EDT
Mid-Ohio Entrants and Guests

I have been talking to Mid-Ohio counterpart, Mark Palmer. He is somewhat
concerned about MG entries. If you know of friends and associates who drive
MGs, please encourage them to attend/enter.

I think that the Triumph side will have a pretty solid base of
entires...perhaps a few less than last year.

This year will be a bit more relaxed as there is no plan to do Pano
Photgraph. I am also going to try to do something a bit different with
Post-Race Presentations that will be less demanding on time...standby. There
will be fewer presentations and giveaways, but I dont think it will diminish
the excitement of this event.

Shameless Self Promotion: Add Burt Levy to the list of folks covering this
event. He did an article for British Car Magazine on the MG/TR Challenge last
year. I spoke to him last week and he plans to be there again and will be
joining us...of course he may bring some books to sell as well. (His third
book of his racing anthology is progressing and may be ready for print this
Fall)

Some of us will arriving at the track early and will try to garner some area
in the same vicinity as last year...will try our best.

Note they added a day of track time and this will increase the track time
considerably...

Ted Schumacher reports that he has some FOT shirts remaining and that he will
bring to Mid-Ohio....buy them there...fast!...as they will go quickly. This
causes me to wonder if there is an interest in more shirts or perhaps
sweatshirts. I saw a couple FOT sweatshirts that were produced and now I
think I need one....anyone else?

Any questions?

Joe Alexander