fot

Re: Cooling

To: "jmwagner" <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, <Gt6steve@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Cooling
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 09:22:51 -0700
This system works great with race cars also.  With the first TR-4 car driven
by Charlie Gates we had a lot of over heating due to the small size of the
stock radiator and in those days you were not allowed to enlarge the
radiator.  I drilled small holes in a piece of brass tuning and mount this
in the verticle center of the grill pointing at the radiator, then attached
the hose from the windshield washer.  This model TR-4 had a little hand pump
that operated from the dash ( non-electric) and so on every straight Charlie
would push the plunger a few times and wet the rad and it worked fantastic.