fot

Re: Cooling

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling
From: "fredd" <fal@hiwaay.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 14:14:39 -0700
Steve,

What engine/transmission is in your motorhome ?
I have no experience with Ford, but with GM I'm OK.
The transmission cooler IN the radiator is a joke. Worthless sales gimmick.
Disconnect it and install a real transmission radiator, either in front or
besides the regular radiator. These tranny radiators are available in any
good transmission shop.
In case of a GM transmission, install a shift improvement kit and stronger
servo's.
Your shifting point will be quicker and your tranny will run cooler also.
Heat is the biggest problem for an auto transmission, so go separate
radiator and shift kit.
I have done that in my previous and present Suburbans, and have never had
any problems pulling in the heat.
Did the same in my K5 Blazers for rock crawling, never any problem.

fredd