fot

Le Mans Twin Cam alive and well

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, <fot-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Le Mans Twin Cam alive and well
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 23:37:46 +0100
>EVEN BETTER he intends to bring the car over to England for the Goodwood
>Festival in September, and he also intends to race it in the Isle of Man
>Classic just after.
>The car was driven in the 1960 Le Mans by Les Leston and the late Mike
>Rothschild and I've got a photo of it crossing the line three abreast with
>the other two cars (it was number 59 that year). This car was used as the
>spare car for 1961. I've just started writing up this restoration and I'll
>post a photo of the car to the FOT lists in a couple of weeks.

Paul,

Do you think he could be persuaded to let the car visit Gaydon for a photo
opportunity?
Graham Bosworth, a local artist of note who exhibits regularly at the Museum
also has a
fabulous painting of the sister car - 929 HP in that same race. It's still
unsold and I
think he wants about 450 quid for it. Graham's work is outstanding and I'm
presently
working with him in creating a website so that others can see what he can do.
No financial
interest on my part for accruing sales if the site goes on my server. I just
want other
people to be able to enjoy Graham's work.

John