fot

Re: FOT role in preserving flared TR cars ?

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Subject: Re: FOT role in preserving flared TR cars ?
From: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 16:05:21 +0000
EISANDIEGO@aol.com wrote:

>      It seems to me that SVRA approach is destroying rather than preserving
>cars - at least those that were actually raced with flares.

I had the same thought when they eliminated "Exhibition Class" and
created Group 10.  This forced me to make a fiberglass replacement tail,
so I could install a removeable roll bar (without hacking up the
aluminum tail) on my Lotus Eleven that ran at Sebring 1957, 1958 and
1959 without a roll bar.  BTW, so far, no one has complained about the
substitution of material....

Sorry for lack of Triumph content, but I do intend to get the old TR3A
war horse out of the barn this summer and get it back on the track next
summer, maybe?

Brett Johnson