fot

Re: FOT role in preserving flared TR cars ?

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Subject: Re: FOT role in preserving flared TR cars ?
From: Wes Dayton <wdayton@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 11:11:37 +1000
I've followed with interest this stream on eligibility, although it seems that
it's complicated in the U.S. with multiple sanctioning bodies etc.

But in Australia, we have in our vinage racing essentially what is suggested -
ie
two groups that can satisfy sports cars based on production cars such as TRs:

1)  Cars with a racing history.  Here, what is allowed is what was raced at the
time.  Of course, sometime there are arguments about the exact racing
configuration.

2)  Production sports cars.  This is for cars without racing histories, and
there
are rules set down (fairly restrictive) about what can be done.  For example -
no
mods to bodywork except removal of windscreen, addition of rollbars etc, 5" max
wheels, etc.