fot

Re: TS 14227F - Value of a Rusted Beauty ?

To: Jeff Wilt <jwilt@leighengineering.com>
Subject: Re: TS 14227F - Value of a Rusted Beauty ?
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:54:10 -0400
At 02:43 PM 6/12/00 -0500, Jeff Wilt wrote:
>This weekend I went to investigate a rusting beauty sitting on blocks near
>the house.  I discovered TS 14227F, a 57? TR3 and proceeded to ask the
>owner if I could give it a new home for essentially the cost of hauling it
>off.  The response was that the frame alone was worth $7000 "on the
>internet".  Needless to say I am not the current owner.

snip

>Any ideas as to a value for such a Triumph?

Your story is all too familiar. It sounds like this car is destined to sit
forever and when the owner or his heirs are forced to sell, the car will be
way to far gone to salvage it. Do yourself a favor, stop thinking about it
now. It doesn't sound like it is going to happen...

>Is it a 'significant' car?

In the eyes of the car's current owner, yes. In the rest of the world's,
most probably not.

>Any arguments I can use to pry it away from the owner for a reasonable fee?

A scene from the classic movie "Used Cars" comes to mind! Jack Warden
succumbs to a heart attack while riding shotgun with a crazy man at the
wheel. His brother (also Jack Warden) then tries to get control of his car
lot from his heir....   But, I digress...

I'm spending way too much time in the shop getting the TR4 ready for
Mid-Ohio, forgive me, please!

Henry Frye                      thefryes@iconn.net
http://members.iconn.net/~thefryes/amici.html
http://members.iconn.net/~thefryes/rollbar.html   <-- Pictures of the new