fot

Fw: TS 14227F - Value of a Rusted Beauty ?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: TS 14227F - Value of a Rusted Beauty ?
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:19:07 +0100
Bill Damdinger wrote

> Yeah!  You should probably check with John or Paul to be sure, but if I
> remember TS14221 thru TS14330 were the ones with the Platinum Frames.

Your quite right Bill. These frames were platinum and were produced at a
time when the Lord Chamberlain ordered Ten special TR3's. At the time,
circa 1957, there was a petrol shortage and His Royal Highness Prince
Phillip wanted  a fleet of the most reliable, economical high speed sports
cars available. This requirement was to get a shooting party from
Buckingham Palace to the Sandringham Estate in time for the sudden arrival,
and disposal of, flocks of  Arctic 'Screwer' ducks. The screwers, known
locally as the 'Vikings of the North' flew over with the sole intent to
cross breed with Sandringham pheasants. The resultant progeny flew so fast
they were almost impossible to shoot.

To identify if the chassis for sale is one of these Royal specials note if
the suspension is offset on one side (like Indianapolis cars) as the TR's
were designed to be driven fast round the perimeter of the Sandringham
Estate (all high speed right hand corners). - The TR's were all soft tops
and one, which was built for the Queen, had a side saddle built into the
left hand door.

Best wishes

Paul